Ready to transform your inner voice into a positive force?
For some of you, this may be the most important episode you’ll listen to this year.
We listen to our inner voice every day. Sometimes it can be bursting with love and positivity for ourselves, but more often than not, it’s full of negativity and critique.
Every time we say something to ourselves, we’re triggering an emotion, and if this phrase or word is used consistently, it will become a regularly used pattern in our brains.
Over time, this can then become part of our identity, belief system and behaviours, subsequently impacting our happiness, success and ability to live a life we love.
Instead of trying to get rid of our troublesome voice, we can transform our inner critique into our very own positive cheerleader, a friendly and supportive ally.
So why not start transforming your inner voice into a powerful positive force? — Jo Pickard tells us how!
QUESTION OF THE DAY: What’s your favourite quote or lesson from this episode? Let me know in the comments below 🙂
“SMALL CHANGES ARE CATALYSTS FOR BIGGER CHANGES”
Jo Pickard shares how changing her inner voice and trusting her gut transformed her life
Jo Pickard is a bubbly TV Presenter and Video Producer, who talks us through brilliant stories, humour, emotional pain and essential strategies to transforming your life.
Jo shares her story of how her life transformed after changing her inner voice and gives us some great insights into how we can do the same.
She will leave you feeling inspired, motivated and driven to follow your dreams.
So if you’re ready to laugh with us and take your life to the next stage, then plug in!
In This Episode You'll Learn
- How to transform your inner voice into a force for good
- Why and how we should trust our gut
- How to deal with the unexpected
- Jo’s style of fluffing
3 Steps To A Powerful Positive Inner Voice
- See yourself turning down the volume of your inner voice to mute
- Change the voice tone to one that makes you laugh – like Donald Duck, Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous, Miranda Hart, Michael Macintyre etc.
- Move the voice from where it’s coming from
- If you can see it, shrink the image down to the size of a pin head and roll it way off behind you until it disappears
- Change the colour so its really dark, old and faded
- Have your new fabulous inner voice say to you all the amazing things you want to hear e.g. I can do this, I am calm, positive and serene, I am beautiful
- Match the tone/pace of your inner voice with how you want to feel e.g. upbeat, loud and fast paced to get you energised or slow, soft and quiet to feel calm.
Want to hear another episode on re-wiring your brain for success? — Listen to this episode with Phil Parker in which we discuss how we can influence the mind-body connection to live a life we love (listen below or download here):
Selected Links From The Episode
Transforming Your Inner Voice
[0:45] Introducing Jo Pickard and power poses!
[2:50] Dreamvated and Cakevation!
[3:35] Who Jo is in the world today
[4:48] The pivotal moment
[5:55] How Jo changed her inner voice and transformed her life
[13:09] How to take actions in alignment with your inner voice
[18:19] First step to listening to your intuition
Unexpected Experiences At Rio Olympics 2016
[21:24] Commentating live for the sailing at Rio Olympics and Paralympics 2016
[24:50] Unexpected experience at Rio Olympics
[28:49] What to do when unexpected things happen
Interviewing And Presenting With Excellence
[30:15] Marcus Whirring and Chris Hoy
[32:55] Jo’s own style of fluffing (and it’s not what you think!)
[35:13] Wild Fire Questions